Monday, July 29, 2013

What Happened to July?!?!

Holy smokes!  It's July 29th and I am about 10% prepared for school to start!  YIKES!  We've had construction begin at school, and we're getting carpet installed in the classrooms, so we can't go in to work until the carpet's in...and school starts on August 15!  Uh-oh...and on top of the craziness happening at school, I decided that summer would be a great, less-stressful time to move...until that move-in date got pushed back until LAST FRIDAY.  So, I've been spending all of my time, and my money, moving in, painting, cleaning, etc.  No money left for school items and decor!  Good thing I'd bought some things earlier in the summer!

My theme this year is pirates.  And there's not a whole lot of pirate decor out there for classrooms.  I've made a wreath for my door, but came home to find it had exploded.  The duct tape had come loose and the ends of the fun noodle popped apart.  Talk about frustrating!  Now, I have to repair that, too!

As mentioned earlier, I'd consider myself about 10% ready for school to start.  HOWEVER, that 10% breaks down to mostly...pinning ideas on Pinterest.  I have some MAJOR work to do!  I hate this unprepared feeling!

2 comments:

  1. Trust me.. I know the feeling! My school just got a brand new roof and they announced today that we can officially return on Monday. It'll be a mad dash to get unpacked, reorganized, and ready to go by the 19th. Crazy town! We can do it! There are a ton of teachers giving away stuff...I think I might join them. I've entered a ton, but only held one giveaway. I think I'll jump on that wagon, too! :-) Good luck and you can do it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms. S!

    My name is Katie Daugherty. I’m writing to you from WiseDecor Decorative Lettering, in Greensboro, NC where we design and create our own wall decals. We’ve been around for ten years, and this time of year we get an influx of requests from teachers to create designs for their classrooms. In fact, we just came up with this new classroom rules design, based on feedback from a teacher out of Utah last week.

    In our quest to learn more about our teacher community, we came across your "The Fearless 5th Grade Teacher" blog. I really admire how passionate you are about the appearance and organization of your classroom! I saw your post about how you organized your classroom for the last school year, and I'm looking forward to see what you got for this school year (for sure, your readers would love to see it too!) And it’s nice to see the appreciation expressed from the people in your life as well as in the comments from your community.

    Would you be open to doing a give-away of a $75 gift certificate from us on your blog? I think it would be a fun, well-received way reconnect to your community and energize your fellow teachers as they prepare for the upcoming school year. I’ll be glad to discuss the details over the phone during our office hours. You can reach me M-F, 8:30am – 4:30pm, EDT at 336.542.2762.

    I look forward to speaking with you, Ms. S!


    Best Wishes,
    Katie Daugherty

    WiseDecor Decorative Lettering
    ________________________________________
    http://www.wisedecor.com
    help@wisedecor.com

    1.800.634.0467
    Hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm Eastern Time

    7341-L West Friendly Avenue
    Greensboro, NC 27410

    ReplyDelete