Saturday, August 25, 2012

Classroom 2012-2013

I meant to get these up much earlier, but the first few weeks of school is always chaotic and all I want to do when I get home is lay on the couch and watch tv.

I love to search blogs and see classroom pictures.  I like to see what other people are using, how they set things up, and what classrooms across the country look like.

Here are some pictures from my room.  As you'll see, I work in a district that really values the use of technology in the classroom (our district got our first SmartBoard when I was a student in 5th grade!).  I am in an eMINTS type program, so I have 1 computer for every 2 students. 

I've also been lucky to receive many, many, many wonderful items from Donors Choose.  If you don't yet know about this site, check out some of my previous posts.  Donors Choose requires a little bit of work, but you get a huge return on your investment.  Try it, and if you have ANY questions, just ask, and I will try my best to help!

Here's our Reading Zone.  Bean bags, blue ottoman, little tables, book tubs ansd books (on the shelf under the Morning Work basket), and supply cubbies ALL FROM DONORS CHOOSE!

Mail boxes from Donors Choose.  Notice the 3 huge stacks of notebook paper!  I love the built in, room-length shelves, and the wall of windows! Although, the windows do make it hard to see the SmartBoard in the afternoon.

Rolling easel/chart stand, book boxes, books, and big blue tubs all from Donors Choose!  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having this divider in the room.  It provides LOTS of storage and blocks the view of the coat hooks behind it.  Messy coats and back packs hanging up aren't seen when people walk into the classroom. 

The Writing Center with all types of materials available for student use. Blue tubs, electric stapler, electric pencil sharpeners, and electric hole punch all from Donors Choose!  Plus, if I opened up both sets of cabinets, you would find LOTS of reading and art materials from Donors Choose! The parts of speech posters will come down when we start putting up anchor charts made during Writing Workshop.  Scout is our class guinea pig.  We bought her last year with Box Tops money! 

Front of the room.  SmartBoard, computer cart, my desk and shelf cubby/closet (to the right of my desk, but not in the picture).  That big gold box is our treasure box.  One of my best garage sale finds ever!

2 comments:

  1. I am awfully jealous of all those computers! I love those windows in your room too!

    Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a coat/backpack area?! Awesome. As an eMINTS classroom teacher, I agree that an emphasis on technology is super important. Reading this has encouraged me to think about Donors Chose.
    BTW, its awesome to see Antoinette & my blog on your inspiration blog list!
    Good luck with the your next week at school.

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete