Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Where did the Summer Go???

Well, my first meeting is tomorrow morning, then Thursday and Friday.  Next week, it's only Thursday, then my BIRTHDAY!  We start school on the 15th!

I've been working on Open House stuff this week.  This is my first Open House, since I missed it last year!  I made a powerpoint that I'm going to loop during the open house.  It has some slides about me and then it goes into info that parents need to know, like my email, school phone, class website, etc.  I also include info about DonorsChoose, Book Orders, school policies, and some of our classroom procedures.  I'm just going to play it on the Smartboard and loop it for an hour.  If parents want to watch it, it will be available, and it will save me from making the speech over and over!

I've also been scrounging around the internet for ideas.  I found this on pinterest and thought it would be a great little gift to give out to those that come in.


Sadly, the pinterest link didn't lead anywhere, so I can't give credit to the original poster (Ms. Cary?).  But, thanks for the great idea!  And popcorn sort of goes with our schoolwide theme of sports!  I did find the printable, but it's a little different from the picture above.  Click below to be taken to the full site.


I also found a great page that showed a list of things to include in the file folder that parents take home.  Unfortunately, I didn't pin it to my boards...oops!  It did have a little card for parents to write a note to their child on the first day.  I thought this was a great idea!  I'm going to give them the note on the first day, then collect it to put in their time capsules (more to come on time capsules!!!!).  If a parent doesn't write a note, I'll write one for the student.

Oh, man.  I can't believe the summer has gone by so incredibly quickly!  The next 2 weeks will be gone in a flash!  I'm hoping to take at least one day and go to Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO.  I've only been once this year, and I'm craving their skillet potatoes!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for all this great info! I had planned on making some kind of powerpoint too, and am so glad you listed the info that you put on yours-makes my job easier. :)

    We start back on Aug. 13-kids start on Aug. 20. Woohoo!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! One of my co-workers does a Hollywood theme...this would be perfect for Open House or Back to School Night for her...I'll give her your idea. Thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower! :)

    ~Mimi
    5thGradeRocks5thGradeRules

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's late, but I found the site where you can get this!

    http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Thanks-for-Popping-In-for-Back-to-School

    It's a .pdf

    Have a blessed day and please save the link to your pinterest!
    Leigha
    www.hillmanhomestead.scentsy.us
    www.hillmanvendingservices.com

    ReplyDelete