Monday, April 9, 2012

Blur

Wow, the last 2 weeks have been a blur of test-prep...not my ideal way to do things, but I put my own spin on it, and tried to make it enjoyable for the kids.  I definitely didn't want to make them do worksheet after worksheet and practice test after practice test...so we created some Glogs, a figurative language comic book, and learned some annoying songs about science.

I told my kids today that they have been working for 8 months to prepare for the test, and I can really see some improvement, and I know that they will all try their best!  I could see that it relieved some stress, just by me telling them that I know they can do well.  My class is a group that doesn't get a lot of encouragement or support-- from other teachers or from family.  They need a little support sometimes!

For the record, I LOVE Glogster.  You can register for lots of separate accounts at edu.glogster.com, or you can pay to have all your accounts linked.  I paid for mine, and it's great.  I can see what everyone is working on, what they have completed, and comments their posting on each other's Glogs.  (If you've never heard of Glogster, it's a site that lets you make posters.  We've made Branches of Government Glogs, animal classification Glogs, and Water Cycle Glogs)  Check it out, your upper elementary kids will love it (I have several who create Glogs during free choice time and even at home!)





2 comments:

  1. I have an award for you at my blog, stop by my blog to get it! :) I am also having a giveaway for a Target gift card that you can enter. So please hop on over! :)

    3rd Grade Times

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! Your newest follower. Come by and visit me...

    learnplayandhavefun.blogspot.com

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete