Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring Break was Nice...

I always have a love/hate relationship with Spring Break.  I love it because I don't have to wake up to an alarm clock, I can sit at home and watch talk shows and TLC shows, and, best of all, I can wear sweatpants and t-shirts everyday (or even pajamas!).  I hate it because it puts me into "Summer Mode," but only for a week, even if there are only 39 school days left until S-U-M-M-E-R!

Anyway, I might head in to school tomorrow afternoon.  If I don't, I know I will have a mountain of boxes from DonorsChoose to open on Monday morning.  I had 4 projects fund in the last 2 weeks!  And each one was for a lot of items.  My secretary already teases me, asking if I'm building a city in my classroom, or if I'm stockpiling for a war!  This time, it will be very bad!  I'm getting a whole order of vocabulary games, activities, and notebooks, a large cubby system to keep everyone's school supplies in, all of my organizational items (those giant rubbermaid tubs and other boxes to keep things in), and a whole bunch of books on CD and 4 copies of each book to read along with.  All of that has shipped and should be sitting in my classroom.  See why I need to go in on a Sunday?  My kids, and other teachers, would flip out because of all that stuff!

I'll take a picture of my mountain of boxes before I open them so you can see all of the wonderful things DonorsChoose has sent me!

1 comments:

  1. Glad you had a relaxing spring break-ours is not until April 23rd!!!!!!

    Congrats on the donors choose stuff!

    Shannon
    http://www.6thgradescottforesmanreadingstreetresources.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete