Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Making a Plan

I'm sort of speeding through the Clutter-Free Challenge, since I'm 10 weeks behind.  Week 2's challenge was to make a plan to declutter the classroom.  I inherited my classroom in September (2 weeks after school had started) from a teacher who was moving.  She took a lot of her stuff with her, but left quite a bit, too.   I didn't have a chance to go through cabinets and things until Christmas, and I didn't have a whole lot of time to go through it then.  So, there are still filing cabinets I haven't touched and cabinets I've only opened once or twice.

Here are my purging rules:

1.  If I don't know what it is, throw it away/get rid of it/recycle it.
2.  If it is broken, throw it away.
3.  If there are a bazillion extra copies, recycle them!  I really only need 1 original copy.


I'll be using these purging rules to attack these areas of my classroom:

1. The filing cabinets
2. The cabinets
3. The closets
4. The bookshelves
5. My desk drawers

As I've said before, I hate clutter.  It makes me nervous.  I'm just a first year teacher, so I need to start out right!  If I can keep the clutter down this year, I'll be already ahead for next year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment